2008-02-25

LinkedIn only a little bit mobile...

And here's a somewhat disappointing mobile debut: business network superstars LinkedIn announced the launch of their (beta) mobile "application". However, the app is a mere WAP site with, alas, all the downsides of that: latency, onerous navigation and the whole info from the website only toned down in graphical appeal.

Now, whilst I am big fan of LinkedIn, this is sub-par. Have a look at what Facebook did for the Blackberry: a small downloadable app (yes, I know, it's painful but probably for the time being the only way to enhance the user experience on mobile), information reduced to the key things one might want when accessing this from a mobile device and then the option (sic!) to access the full monty via WAP. The one piece of information I couldn't access on the LinkedIn WAP site was the contact info. Hmm. Wouldn't that arguably one of the key pieces of information I would want to have when I'm on the road ("well, I'm in London. Why don't I drop John Doe a line. Don't have him in my address book as we haven't spoken in a while but we're still 'linkedIn'. Doesn't work. Doh!").

With all due respect, dear LinkedIn friends, you've got work to do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment